Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Redemption Song

I'll be maximizing my 3-day weekend up at 35,000 feet--on my way to Oslo courtesy of all my past bosses and my parents who have paid for all those stinkin' miles getting dusty in my account. $100 later, I had a ticket to Norway--with the caveat that I hand over 50,000 of those seemingly useless miles and accept that this jaunt across the ocean is not going to my leaderboard tallies for 2009. In some ways, I've come to grips with the fact I may not be an elite this year, but the idea of resigning to sitting at the local Panera for another three days is far less appealing than the little ego rush I get from using the priority lanes at the airport.

It is about, as I think I've already suggested, attempting to not let 'imagination' become a proxy for 'things we'd love to do but don't'. Lennon said it better, but I'm keenly aware my days are far too numbered to not make good on my errant curiosities, within the limits of time and money, of course.

You'll be with me--and I'll do my best to update flickr and Twitter as the fun begins Thursday afternoon. Aside from a little museum hopping (Nobel Peace Centre, National Museum of Contemporary Art), I plan to just wander and soak it all in. Pack your bags: we leave Thursday afternoon, and no, we're not actually going through O'Hare--this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home